Friday, June 15, 2007

Boomers-Bloomers & Seniors

Sure, I know - you could have come up with a better title then that! But, there's a method to my madness. I anguished over a title for this blog for so long, I just decided to use something about the audience I was seeking.

Oh yeah, the web site, too. O.k. one thing at a time. The quickest and easiest is the explaination about the audience I was seeking. Two out of three of the title words have been used by almost everyone at sometime. Boomers - the name adopted for the adults born after WW II. And Seniors - everybody knows who they are.

Ahh, my specialized title - Bloomers!! I use this term for those that have not quite reached the age that AARP is accepting. They were born after WW 2, but long enough after to be too young to be classified as BOOMERS. Therefore, they have not earned the "L" for Living Long Enough.
So there. Now you have it.

Now, the web site name. Let me explain, I originally used the name ARGUS for a company I once started. It was sort of an acronym created from the first initials of my families names. DON'T ASK WHAT THEIR NAMES ARE.

After that company was sold and I could not use that name any more, I remembered reading something about Argus in GREEK MYTHOLOGY! Sooo, I search further and found their version of my acronym. They had that name "
Argus Panoptes or Argos (Άργος)". IF YOU WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ ABOUT GREEK MYTHOLOGY...check out WIKIPEDIA.com.

So now that I have put you to sleep as Hermes did to Argus, [if you get into it at Wikipedia, you will probably figured out why that name] if not one more clue.

YOU HAVEN'T!

All right, I'll tell you. We are attempting to be like ARGUS having 100 eyes watching all types of goings on NATIONALLY, as well as all age and life styles of as many as we can.

No, we are not going after the teen through thirty-something age brackets with this blog. We'll reserve that category for another entry. From my observations that age group has enough on their plate as it is. One quick comment about that group and then I promise not to ever approach it again, well maybe not ever.


Here it is.

During my lifetime I have listened to Rag time, Jazz, Country, Folk, Rock & Roll, and almost every other kind of MUSIC that has been published, but honestly, I just can't understand how we ended up with so many different musical classifications or get into - what they call - Hip Hop or Rap? AND being a former musician, I have really tried.


But, as long as everyone is happy with what they listen to, so be it.

O.k. that's it.

No comments: